The last time we highlighted some good tidings around Spokane, we put a lot of people and businesses in the spotlight. It’s been about a month since that blog, so why not highlight some other accomplishments that were reached since then?
- By now, you know Boeing received a big contract (as in, $35 billion) to build the new refueling tankers for the U.S. Air Force – which we blogged about here. Boeing’s bid won out over the European Aeronautic Defense and Space Company, or EADS. EADS did not protest the decision. Triumph Composite Systems in Spokane County manufacturers parts for Boeing, and there are other manufacturers who may be potential suppliers. This is great for Spokane!
- Big kudos goes out to Provisional Recruiting +Staffing Services for winning a place on the 2011 Best of Staffing List! This is the nation’s only award that recognizes exceptional client service with the staffing industry. Provisional is part of the less than 1 percent of firms across the country that are on the list. Congrats!
- Congrats to all the AGORA Awards semifinalists! Remember – AGORA Awards for business excellence are June 1 at The Davenport Hotel. See you there!
- Steve Gering, principal at North Central High School recently received a Golden Apple Award, given to the state’s best educators. Watch this video and we guarantee you’ll be inspired. Congrats, Steve!
- Spokane Civic Theatre will advance to nationals thanks to its awards for the production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee last weekend at the Kaleidoscope 2011 State Theatre Festival. The Civic Theatre will compete in AACTFest11, a national theatre event that will bring the best community theatre productions from across the country. Best of luck!
- We all ought to give a big thanks to WSU, Gonzaga and the Spokane Regional Sports Commission! All three are bringing lots of visitors and national attention to our great city:
- Gonzaga University is hosting the first two rounds of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament at McCarthey Athletic Center this Saturday and next Monday.
- WSU will once again host the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament at the Spokane Arena.
- The Sports Commission will be bringing the USA Volleyball Pacific Northwest Qualifier to town March 18 – 20 and March 25 – 27. More than 350 teams will get to know our city well!
Do you know of any companies or organizations that deserve kudos? Let us know!