GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
801 W Riverside Ave Ste 220Local Map
Job Category: Administrative
Employment: Part Time
Salary: 17.11 - 23.15
Experience: 1 or more years of experience in administration, office management, technology or related field. Experience with non-profit organizations, cultural competence and intercultural communications skills a plus.
Benefits: medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, paid vacation & sick leave, holidays, employer matched 401(k) plan
Listing Expires: October 15, 2019
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting with events, marketing and administrative support to Leadership Spokane Program Manager and Executive Director. Supports production of Leadership Spokane class sessions, Alumni Association programming and special events, board meetings, class recruitment and selection, fundraising and development. Safeguards privacy of clients and handles confidential information appropriately.
1. Administrative Support: Assists Program Manager and Executive Director; assists with marketing, social media, correspondence and calendar. Administratively backs up Program Manager responsibilities and priorities.
2. Technology & Information Management: A thorough working knowledge of computers and A/V. Produces materials for board, leadership classes, and events. Assists with keeping records of students, graduates, donors and vendors.
3. Leadership Spokane class sessions: Assists in preparation of curriculum materials. Follows up with presenters, arranges for site locations, AV, meals. Orders materials. Thanks presenters, hosts and sponsors.
4. Youth Leadership Spokane class sessions: Assists in preparation of curriculum materials. Follows up with presenters, arranges for site locations, AV, meals. Orders materials. Thanks presenters, hosts and sponsors.
5. Alumni Association: Production of Alumni special events, including but not limited to student orientations, annual fall student retreats, Commencement and the annual Gala.
6. Fundraising & Development: Assists with cultivation of alumni as donors, program sponsorships for class sessions, multi-year pledges, grant writing, the annual Gala and in-kind gifts.
7. Office Operations: Assists with all tasks associated with managing an office, answering business and community inquiries and requests.
8. Community Service: Supports class volunteer roles in the community.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervision Responsibilities: Trains and supervises volunteers as appropriate.
Education Qualifications: AA (BA preferred) or equivalent experience in business, communications, marketing or related field.
1. Excellent interpersonal skills; high degree of poise and tact to represent Leadership Spokane with all constituencies.
2. Ability to work independently, prioritize and track multiple projects. Detail oriented.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in filing, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher & Adobe. Ability to access Leadership Spokane’s needs, and make recommendations to Program Manager/Executive Director.
4. Excellent listening, speaking and written communications skills.
5. Flexibility and willingness to accept new challenges and assignments.
Note: Because Leadership Spokane employees work with minors and handle confidential and consumer information, a background and credit check are required. There is no routine drug testing.
Application Process: send cover letter and resume to
Leadership Spokane respects the dignity of individuals and is committed to non-discrimination in all of its programs, services, and events. Leadership Spokane is consciously and proactively welcoming of all areas of diversity including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation or identity, religion, age, socioeconomic status, marital status, language, disability, political opinion or immigration status. Leadership Spokane encourages you to join us in supporting this policy through leadership and personal example.