Administrative Assistant 3 - Arts and Sciences
SALARY: $3,052.00 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 08/06/19
CLOSING DATE: 08/30/19 04:00 PM
Please be aware that this recruitment closes at 4:00 p.m. PST. The application process will not be available after this time. To ensure consideration make sure your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible. Applications will only be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Spokane Community College is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Administrative Assistant 3 in the Arts and Sciences Division.
Under general supervision, this position will perform administrative duties, provide administrative secretarial support, council and represents the Assistant Dean of Arts and Sciences, as well as provide council and direction on behalf of the dean to department chairs, faculty, college administration, staff and students with little or no supervision.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for quarterly course construction and course schedule maintenance. *
- Interpret, council, and implement institutional policies for employees of the division, students and other college personnel. *
- Responsible for budget tracking and monitoring for the division. *
- Assist and provide direct confidential administrative support to the Assistant Dean and act as liaison on dean's behalf with senior management, faculty, staff and district personnel. *
- Prepare full-time faculty overload and adjunct faculty contracts, following district policies and procedures. *
- Prepare and maintain administrative and academic reports, division correspondence and e-mail. *
- Perform general administrative duties such as answer phones and respond to inquiries; attend meetings and take meeting minute notes; order, distribute and maintain inventory supplies; generate and maintain reports and files ensuring confidential material is secure at all times. *
- Oversee purchase and travel card accounts, following district policies and procedures for issuing cards, making purchases and reconciling card statements. *
- Oversee the coordination and compilation of student evaluations of faculty for tenure review process, post-tenure and evaluation and adjunct faculty. *
- Oversee the coordination and tracking of faculty evaluation processes for full-time, probationary, and adjunct faculty. *
- Oversee clerical support prior to and during accreditation or grant reviews. *
- Assign room usage and coordinate security functions. *
- Supervise (e.g. interview, train, schedule, act on leave requests, conduct performance evaluations, respond to grievances and recommend disciplinary actions) classified and part-time
- employees and work study students. Adhere to classified rules, collective bargaining agreements, and all district rules and regulations. *
- Inform and educate staff about behavior and performance expectations, provide timely and accurate feedback regarding performance, and ensure performance and behavioral problems are corrected promptly and effectively. *
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned. *
* Indicates this is an Essential duty.
This position is designated a bargaining unit position and union membership is no longer a condition of employment.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Knowledge of or experience using Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of or experience searching for information on the Internet.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, track, monitor, and reconcile budgets.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate, schedule, and manage space.
- Ability to record, transcribe, edit, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to create an effective working environment through positive interaction, clear communication, and recognition of the value of each individual.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, and community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in office, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work.
- Experience using PeopleSoft.
- Supervisory skills and experience.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* TOTAL COMPENSATION: $51,840. Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates and median retirement fund contributions. The actual total will vary depending upon each employee's enrollment choices.
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H1-B visa. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Work is performed in a normal, temperature controlled office environment.
- Work is sedentary in nature.
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens.
- Visual focus and strain.
- Work directly with students/clients.
- Frequent repetitive hand/wrist motions and finger manipulation.
- Frequent oral and auditory communication with others.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Position is eligible for overtime.
- Full-time schedule (12-month, 40-hours week).
- 6 month probation period; may be extended to 12 months.
- Criminal background check required.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume. *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required attachments to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.