GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority
PO Box 39
Usk, WA 99180
Job Category: Other
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: April 05, 2019
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians in beautiful Usk, Washington is seeking an Archaeologist Technician I.
Summary of Functions
This position will assist with the identification, evaluation, and treatment of cultural resource properties. This position assists with the protection, enhancement, and conservation of historic properties and their associated datasets managed by various funded projects. Responsibilities include extensive terrestrial survey, periodic excavation, and the maintenance of a field journal noting observations (e.g., sites visited and dates observations made). This position is also responsible for hand tool maintenance and other duties as assigned to assist with sampling methods to quantify and qualify site distribution, cultural affiliation, and economic function(s) of historic properties.
• Knowledge of: general principles and procedures of data collection, cultural resources management, human geography, and cultural ecology.
• Ability to: use standard laboratory and field equipment; follow directions and write clearly; safely operate and maintain project equipment such as 4-wheel drive vehicle, ATV, tractor, chainsaw, and power equipment.
• High School diploma or GED
• Must be in good physical condition to be able to work and hike in inclement weather conditions and over variable and rugged terrain. Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds.
• Must be able to work variable hours, long days, early mornings, holidays, and weekends as the work dictates.
• Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to pass a background check
We offer a competitive wage with excellent benefits such as
• 30% discounts on all Northern Quest Resort and Casino Food Venues and Services
• Discounts on Northern Quest Hotel stays (certain days may not apply)
• Discounts to Kalispel Golf and Country Club
• Shoes for Crews (at Uniform Room)
• Various other discount programs through cellular phone services, auto repair, fitness centers, etc.
• Free parking
• And so much more!!!
For further information and full job description or to apply online, please visit our website at
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
We exercise Indian Preference and are a
Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
Hiring Preference: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Descendant or Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.