GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority
PO Box 39
Usk, WA 99180
Job Category: Social Services
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: May 31, 2019
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians in beautiful Usk, Washington is seeking a Chemical Dependency Professional.
Summary of Functions
The Chemical Dependency Professional performs substance abuse counseling, assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, follow-up and monitoring of clients who are being treated for substance abuse issues. Applicant must have extensive knowledge of mental health disorders, therapeutic interventions, knowledge of working with families adolescents and children and demonstrate cultural competence and process a knowledge of co morbidity as well as be highly skilled in best practice and evidence based counseling techniques.
• Requires AA degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences or closely related field.
• Status as a Chemical Dependency Professional as defined by Washington State Codes.
• Experience with the CDMIS system of reporting and/or computer experience.
• Demonstrate professional experience and competency in providing direct chemical dependency services.
• Significant Dual Disorder experience
• 5 years consecutive experience in the CD field and in good standing with DOH
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• First Aid / CPR certification – current
• Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation.
For further information and full job description or to apply online, please visit our website at:
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
Applications may be obtained at the
Kalispel Tribal Office front desk at
1981 N. LeClerc Rd., Usk, WA 99180.
We exercise Indian Preference and are a
Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
Hiring Preference: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Descendant or Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.