Spokane Transit is searching for its next Chief Financial Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for the operations and activities of the Finance, Budgeting, Accounting, Auditing, Forecasting, Purchasing, Payroll, Asset Management, Financial Grants Management, Information Technology Services, Contract Compliance, Risk Management and all other financial functions of the organization in a manner that supports the Spokane Transit Authority vision, mission and priorities.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field (CPA and/or MBA preferred). A minimum of five years’ experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a larger public or private sector organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Public Administration (Graduate degree preferred).
- Ten years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in directing financial activities, with five years in a senior management position.
- Experience in a larger public or private sector organization is desirable.
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, is qualifying.
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Demonstrated experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Extensive analytical experience.
- Considerable experience and previous responsibility for purchasing, information services, contract compliance, leasing, technology, and retirement plans.
- Considerable knowledge of risk management and risk funding programs.
- Assure financial policies, procedures and internal controls conform to GAAP and GASB.
- Lead the preparation and administration of the annual budget and six year capital plan.
- Develop and utilize tools for financial analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure financial compliance with government grant requirements.
- Evaluate costs of collective bargaining proposals and serve as a member of STA’s negotiating team.
- Promote quality and customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for ensuring operation and maintenance of the STARS enterprise resource system are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Set benchmarks and goals, monitor and report performance.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with STA, local, state and federal procurement/purchasing requirements including DBE program.
- Provide general financial consulting services to all STA departments including financial analysis for existing and proposed capital projects, service.
- Convert technical financial information into usable formats, and advise the CEO concerning federal, state and local legislative issues impacting STA’s financial position.
- Oversee risk management.
- Ensure enterprise resource system is maintained and operational.
- Champion for best practices and optimal use of technology.
Click here for full job description
WE HAVE GREAT BENEFITS!
In addition to the career opportunity, a competitive salary, and the areas’ recreational activities, we offer an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Annual salary of $102,745 - $ 137,687 depending on qualifications
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Relocation expenses based on location negotiable
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays per year
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume as an attachment to your online application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact Jeff Smith, HR Specialist, via email email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Click here to apply
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.