GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority
PO Box 39
Usk, WA 99180
Job Category: Hospitality
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: December 28, 2018
Northern Quest Resort and Casino, the Inland Northwest’s Premier Resort and Casino, is seeking an experienced cigar bar Manager join our management team for Legends of Fire, the Northwest’s finest cigar lounge, feature premium cigars, the finest spirits and an “owner’s suit” set up with an open balcony. We are growing and are looking for individuals who want to grow with us.
Summary of Functions
To direct and coordinate departmental activities for Legends of Fire Cigar Lounge, either personally or through subordinates for the area of responsibility and its Supervisors and Team Members. Ensure full compliance is managed as it relates to the responsible service of alcohol and tobacco products. Monitors inventories, sales, and purchases for spirits, wine, beer and cigars while driving creative revenue generation to support budget profitability goals. Responsible to deliver an exceptional high level of guest service and superior quality of products; Adheres to the Core Values and Mission Statement as established by the Executive Team and Tribal Counsel.
We offer a competitive wage with excellent benefits such as:
• Education Tuition Reimbursement – Up to $2,000 per calendar year.
• Vacation and Sick Pay
• Bereavement, Military, Jury Duty, and Native American Customs & Traditions.
• Employee Assistance Plans (EAPs)
• 30% discounts on all Northern Quest Resort and Casino Food Venues and Services
• Discounts on Northern Quest Hotel stays (certain days may not apply)
• Discounts to Kalispel Golf and Country Club
• Discounts for Dealer School training ($200 saving)
• STA Bus Passes ($5.00 saving)
• Shoes for Crews (at Uniform Room)
• Various other discount programs through cellular phone services, auto repair, fitness centers, etc.
• Wealth Management Solutions – monthly visits from a certified financial planner who can assist with Emergency fund planning; 401(k) investment advice and Budget planning
• Free parking
• Free identity theft resolution services
• Free LUNCH!
• And so much more!!!
• Associate of Arts (A.A) or Associates Degree in related field, or equivalent hospitality industry experience
• 5 years of management experience in a full service restaurant and/or bar operation.
• Proven experience with managing, training and team member retention
• Experience in craft cocktails, specialty beer, and wine service required.
• Understanding of budget building with a successful history of maintaining profitability required.
• Understanding of Cigar ordering, storage and marketing required
• Ability to understand the operational details of the Cigar and Beverage operation
• Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
• Skills in assessing operations, programs, staffing levels, and physical needs.
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Proficient use of Windows, Excel, Word and other computer software.
• Basic knowledge of Point of Sale systems, i.e. IG System & Visual 1.
• Ability to pass a background check
• Washington State health card. – By Date of Hire.
• Available and willing to work any changes in hours deemed necessary for Business Levels.
For further information or to apply online, please visit our website at www.northernquest.com
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
We exercise Indian Preference and are a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
Hiring Preference: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Spouses of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.