GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
American Exploration & Mining Association
10 N Post St, Ste 305
Spokane, WA 992010705
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Employment: Full Time
Benefits: Benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan
Listing Expires: July 26, 2019
The American Exploration & Mining Association is seeking a Communications & Public Outreach Manager to develop and manage the Association’s overall communications and outreach strategies. The position is responsible for effective communication with AEMA members, policy makers, partners, and the public while building and promoting AEMA’s established brand.
Job Responsibilities and duties:
• Communicate AEMA information with members, pertinent media outlets at the local, state, and national level, industry partners, and government organizations.
• Coordinate, plan, and create content for AEMA’s social media accounts and build engagement through developing and implementing communication strategies.
• Maintain AEMA’s website, domains, and online presence within brand and voice.
• Develop and design, in collaboration with AEMA Government Affairs staff, policy pieces and social media graphics that are distributed and circulated to policymakers at all levels while maintaining brand and voice.
• Write, proof, edit, and schedule press releases and op-eds, social media and published columns, as well as webpages and AEMA’s Bulletin.
• Manage all media inquiries.
• Design educational materials to the importance and positive social impact of mining.
• Develop, plan, and create a variety of print material resources and graphics.
• Convey a passion for responsible mineral development, exploration, and mining.
Preferred Skills & Program Knowledge
• Strong and creative verbal & written communication skills
• Social Media Platforms & Social Media Analytics
• Email Marketing Platform (Constant Contact/Mail Chimp)
• Digital Marketing Content (Piktochart)
• AP Stylebook (Press Release Copy & Standards)
• Website Management (Wordpress)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Database & Event Management (Membee)
• Congenial attitude and ability to work with others in a small office environment
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to be a hands-on enthusiastic team player and flexible as things change
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple, competing deadlines
• Willingness to take on new and different tasks within the organization
• Market-based salary range $40k-45k +Annual Bonus, based on education, experience, and other qualifications.
• Benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan
The application will close on July 26, 2019.
Please direct resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include specific communication experience, examples of produced materials, and social media profiles.
You can learn more about AEMA at www.miningamerica.org and @miningamerica