GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
PO Box 600
Spokane, WA 992100600
Job Category: Technology
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: April 05, 2019
As a Computer Support Specialist, you will help drive KHQ’s computer and network infrastructure and user support endeavors in a dynamic 24x7 media delivery environment. Under KHQ’s umbrella, you will also coordinate with, lend support to, and help lead teams from multiple television stations in Eastern Washington and across Montana. You will report to the Director of IT and Engineering.
The ideal candidate will be a
Leader; the one that everyone wants to come to; that strives to be the ‘Go to Person.’ Someone that can develop a good rapport with his/her user base, the management team and the company’s vendors. An individual that can envision, architect, coordinate staff, and execute a project efficiently and budget consciously while meeting the deadline. Is intentional in the pursuit of KHQ’s ideals and goals.
Problem Solver; one that can find creative solutions to complex problems. Someone that can tap into current systems and a wide variety of our employees’ talents and strengths. An individual that is highly adaptable to a constantly changing broadcast environment.
Communicator; a person with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. As a skilled communicator, you will represent KHQ and its sister stations internally and externally with passion, professionalism, and integrity.
• Assist with the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals. Manage, create, and onboard new employees with appropriate systems accounts and permissions.
• Provide primary user support for KHQ and 2nd tier support for its sister stations. The Computer Support Specialist will share responsibility for emergency calls after business hours (weekdays 8AM – 5PM) 24x7x365
• As an influencer, determine, research, and recommend systems for purchase and implementation to the Director of IT and Engineering. Help execute systems installs and projects as directed.
- 2+ years of hands on IT related experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with repairing, server and desktop hardware
- Experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, MacOS, Hyper-V
- Experience in switching and routing infrastructure a plus
KHQ is a fun and fulfilling environment to work in. The people are great and the work will always be interesting. Come join us!
EEO, women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Send your resume to email@example.com.