GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
1004 E 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99202
Job Category: Non-Profit, Association, Church
Employment: Full Time
Benefits: Full Benefitted
Listing Expires: June 30, 2019
The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the Nursery’s team in developing relationships and engaging with investors, community partners and business leaders.
- In partnership with Development Team, identify, qualify and prioritize best prospect opportunities- individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Call, e-mail and follow-up with existing and potential partners to thank them for their support and/or secure visits to learn more about our mission and how they can help.
- Maintain accurate and timely updates on Major Prospect List and portfolios for relationship managers.
- Schedule, set-up, help document and follow-up on meetings and visits for relationship managers.
- Maintain and report on weekly and monthly metrics.
- Assist with editing, adding and adjusting website copy.
- Ensure proper documentation of visits and follow-up actions through CRM system.
- Sell, monitor and schedule delivery of Angels for the Vanessa Angels fundraiser.
- Track, keep record of and coordinate Vanessa Promise Society and its members.
- Bill, track payments and coordinate sponsorship benefits for corporate partners in conjunction with relationship managers.
- Assist Development Coordinator with event tasks including auction/raffle item procurement, Crab Feed Dessert Dash, Benefit Luncheon table captain procurement, setup/tear-down and other event-related duties as assigned.
- Distribute, track and document Board of Trustees thank you committee calls.
- Attend and actively participate in prospecting, Development Team, Administration Team and any other required meetings.
- Aligned values: An authentic commitment to our core values of excellence, humility, passion and being relational.
- Great phone skills: Converses extremely well and can display passion, excitement and positivity over the phone.
- Writing: Adept at composing catchy correspondence quickly.
- Grit: Passion and perseverance for long-term goals with a drive to make things that don’t work, work.
- Organization: Able to keep individual and team-based projects organized and on-track.
- Adaptive: Great at completing work alone or in a team setting and an eagerness to learn from others.
- Associates degree in business, communications, marketing or related field.
- 1 year of sales and/or sales support experience with proven, and successful, results.
- Understanding of CRM/donor management software (DonorPerfect preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
These requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, and using hands and fingers, while occasionally climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. When attending special events employee may be exposed to a variety of outdoor weather conditions and noise levels. Occasional travel may be required.
ABOUT VANESSA BEHAN CRISIS NURSERY
The Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery is a community movement in response to the loss of Vanessa Kay Behan who died of child abuse related injuries in 1982. From the beginning, we’ve been dedicated to the idea of preventing her story from happening again by keeping kids safe, strengthening families and engaging the community. Since its doors opened in 1987, the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery has been a safe haven for thousands of kids in Spokane County and has provided over 1 million hours of care to children in the community. For more information visit: www.vanessabehan.org.