Early Childhood Education Point of Contact for Early Achievers Opportunity Grant
SALARY: $23,716.50 Annually
OPENING DATE: 08/12/19
CLOSING DATE: 08/26/19 04:00 PM
Please be aware that this recruitment closes at 4:00 p.m. PST. The application process will not be available after this time. To ensure consideration make sure your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible. Applications will only be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m. on the closing date.
The Community Colleges of Spokane is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Early Childhood Education Point of Contact for Early Achievers Opportunity Grant in the Social Science Division at Spokane Falls Community College.
Under direction of the Dean for Social Sciences, Accounting and Economics, and Human Services, this position will assist and support the Early Achievers Grant recipients for the Early Childhood Education Program. This position will assist in recruitment, grant enrollment, and monitoring of student progress as required by the grant. This is a Half -Time (50%) grant funded position with an anticipated end date of 06/30/2020.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit potential students from the family home child care community, child care centers, and Head Start/ECEAP programs for the Early Achievers financial assistance program. *
- Verify and monitor student grant eligibility, accurate program enrollment and course enrollment. Monitor annual award and usage per student. *
- Provide accurate information to students about the Department of Children, Youth, and Families' initiatives such as the Early Achievers program-Washington's quality rating and improvement system, the Career Portal, pertinent WACs, and the Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT). *
- Provide accurate information about the college's grant application process, to include student consent to data sharing. Provide accurate information about the college's admission requirements and processes, required financial aid forms, student placement assessments, registration procedures and student services provided to potential Early Achievers Grant recipients. *
- Establish and nurture collaborative processes in alignment with SFCC ECED program culture, mission, and goals, including but not limited to inclusive decision making and frequent and open communication with program faculty and staff. *
- In collaboration with advisors, help students to plan their college program and course schedule customized to the needs of each student. *
- Connect students to the Early Achievers financial aid coordinator to provide information about financial assistance, assist students with the required forms, and coordinate the development of financial aid packages for each student according to their needs. *
- Connect students with the department's prior learning assessment process as appropriate. *
- Coordinate wrap-around support services such as tutoring, mentoring, study groups, eLearning workshops, or emergency assistance as needed. *
- Track student progress and deploy retention activities as needed. *
- Verify student employment with annual employer signature and quarterly student self-attestation. *
- Track student completions using transcript reports or other documents and assist students as they submit certificate and degree applications. *
- Assist students with any other issues that may arise related to the Early Achievers Grant program. By each due date, complete and submit reports to the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges Grant Manager. *
- Attend regional meetings offered in partnership with the Department of Children, Youth, and Families. Attend quarterly Points of Contact meetings organized by the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.*
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned. *
* Indicates this is an essential duty.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution. OR An equivalent mix of education and experience that demonstrates the candidate meets all competency requirements for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to create an effective working environment through positive interaction, clear communication, and recognition of the value of each individual.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills with specific knowledge of online LMS's, software applications, social media platforms.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions; a demonstrated talent for organization.
- Ability to make independent decisions about work responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to work in a team and to operate in a manner of open, honest communication with evidence of strong interpersonal skills and successful collaboration.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times with a passion to help students succeed.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, and community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
REFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience working with online students and faculty in an educational or corporate training environment.
- Experience working in a student services position and/or customer service position.
- Experience working with community organizations dealing with counseling or human services.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* TOTAL COMPENSATION: $38,767 - $39,975 (50%). Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates and median retirement fund contributions. The actual total will vary depending upon each employee's enrollment choices.
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H1-B visa. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Work is sedentary in nature.
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens.
- Visual focus and strain.
- Work involves constant interruptions and requirement to answer on demand questions by phone, in person, or electronically.
- Frequent repetitive hand/wrist motions and finger manipulation.
- Frequent oral and auditory communication with others.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Contract position (50%).
- Position is exempt from Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Criminal background check required.
- Ability to travel locally as well as occasional out-of-town travel.
- If using personal vehicle for travel proof of driver's license and car insurance required.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume. *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required attachments to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.