GSI members: To post a job opening, click here to post a job.
300 W. Hawthorne Rd.Local Map
Job Category: Human Resources
Employment: Full Time
Salary: 60,000 -
Experience: Education: Bachelor's degree or higher that supports the functional understanding of Human Resources and Information Systems Experience: Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience in HRIS-focused positions with a two (2) year minimum of specialized and practical experience supporting and working with HRMS/HRIS systems
Listing Expires: December 31, 2019
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The HR Information System (HRIS) Manager is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the HRIS system, applications and supporting functions that promote and champion Human Resource Services (HRS) strategy, goals, and objectives. This position serves as the HR data custodian and key liaison with campus partners to achieve HRS contractual and policy requirements as related to recruitment, appointments, payroll, as well as technological development goals. This position creates and manages system processes, data exchanges, document imaging and document archiving related to Human Resources Services, as well as the technologies and infrastructure that support such. The primary technology focus will be Ellucian Colleague, Cornerstone and Informer reporting tool.
OPPORTUNITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Oversee and manage the HRIS system operation in collaboration with functional and technical staff who support the University’s workforce (e.g. recruitment, staffing, benefits, payroll, performance management, talent development, IT, etc.);
• Serve as a lead and project manager in the areas of strategic and accurate data collection, management and analysis; prepare routine compliance and specialized reports to inform and advise audits, workforce trends, human resources transactional processes and change management strategies;
• Serve as a key driver for system process optimization recommending process, policy changes, customer service improvements, and innovative solutions;
• Train, coach, advise and provide technical assistance to the human resource team, liaisons, managers and supervisors to assure improved performance and utilization of HRIS systems for increased proficiency and responsiveness in all service delivery areas;
• Develop and implement standard operating procedures and protocols, ensuring procedural integrity of HR data and standardization of HRIS functions (i.e. maintain HRIS system tables/fields that support HR and payroll components to include share drives, data warehouse, and other supporting systems);
• Routinely engages in research, analysis, problem identification and resolution providing recommendations to the AVP/CHRO;
• Directly supports a variety of recurring personnel processing actions for payroll functions and assists the human resource team in the creation of documentation on processes and procedures relevant to the entry and validation of data entered into Colleague and Cornerstone;
• Works in collaboration with institutional research in preparing university reports and surveys, to include IPEDS, HERI, HEDS, Great Colleges to Work For, Best Christian Workplace, etc.;
• Continuously reviews electronic security and audits system processes, policies and procedures for access related to employee files within include Colleague, Cornerstone and Papervision;
• Ensure the upkeep and accuracy of terminated and historical employee files, maintaining appropriate records and retention policy;
• Oversees the maintenance of the HRS website, and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
• Commitment to building a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion;
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning;
• Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system such as Ellucian Banner or Colleague, and
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, learning management systems (ex. Cornerstone) and data reporting tools (ex. Informer).
PREFERRED JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in human resources in a higher education setting.
• Experience with Data warehouse/business intelligence software.
• Experience in process mapping.
• Knowledge of HRIS best practices, application of technical principles and systems.
• Knowledge of processes and systems as they relate to HRIS administration.
• Must be a strategic thought partner, with exceptional technical talent and the skills and abilities to engage and collaborate effectively with diverse internal and external customers at varying skill and position levels.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to manage proper documentation and present work outcomes and deliverables.
• Excellent consultation skills and customer service skills.
• Strong team player, with the ability to take initiative and operate independently.