GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
1004 E 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99202
Job Category: Non-Profit, Association, Church
Employment: Part Time
Listing Expires: February 28, 2019
POSITION TITLE: IT Specialist
SALARY LEVEL: $15 per hour
FLSA STATUS: non-exempt; hourly
REPORTS TO: Development Director
HOURS: Flexible, on-call, primarily less than 5 hours per week.
The IT Specialist is an on-call, flexible position that supports the growing technical needs of the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery. In partnership with administrative staff, this position will identify, recommend and support our computers, networks and software needs.
1. Prepare and install new computers, including the installation of necessary software and updates as needed.
2. Maintain tracking, maintenance and replacement schedule for all Nursery hardware.
3. Provide on-call technical support (primarily off-site) to Nursery staff for hardware and software issues, troubleshooting and technical difficulties.
4. Participate in IT Committee meetings as needed to determine solutions and needs for the Nursery.
5. Participate in backup solution policies, disaster recoveries and IT policy creation.
6. Train, educate and support Nursery staff on use of computers and other equipment as needed.
7. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on desktops, laptops, tablets and various peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
These requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly lifting, standing, walking, sitting, listening, talking, and using hands and fingers, while occasionally climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is generally performed in a child center and office environment with a moderate to high noise level.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Requires flexible availability to adapt and respond to varying needs of staff. Excellent communications skills, consistent and timeliness needed for staff to navigate steps over the phone. Strong knowledge of Microsoft computers; Windows 7-10; Office 365 and iOS devices.
- Prefer 2 year degree in IT related field.
- Prefer 2-years of experience working with computers, software and technology
- Experience in software training
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Keith O’Brien, Development Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org