GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
PO Box 600
Spokane, WA 992100600
Job Category: Sales
Employment: Full Time
Experience: See job description
Listing Expires: June 28, 2019
It’s the second-best job in all of media. It’s the chance to lead, nurture, and inspire. Many would consider it broadcast nirvana: the opportunity to join KHQ-TV as our new Local Sales Manager. Our quirkiness is legend. Being a family-owned, locally operated media organization will do that to you. It means we laugh a lot at work. We offer the best news and entertainment. And we make money. Mostly in that order.
KHQ is America’s longest-tenured NBC affiliate. We absolutely own this market, winning virtually every hour of every day. Our “dot 2” is regarded as one of the nation’s most unique and aggressive local sports networks. SWX broadcasts hundreds of station-produced live sporting events each year, including the Gonzaga Bulldogs. We’re also building a “dot 3” that will harness our digital supremacy in the most incomparable of ways. But that’s still a secret.
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you. As the sales team leader, you will coach a team of talented Account Executives. You will help them exceed their potential. You will teach them superior client engagement. You will be empowered to solve problems and create strategies without a net. And you will be expected to extract the best from your team day-in and day-out.
If your eyebrows darted-up at least twice while reading this, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. EOE. Women & minorities encouraged to apply. No phone calls please. Must be able to pronounce “Spokane correctly.” And everyone knows “meteorologist” is actually the first-best job in all of media. But KHQ LSM is close.
• Manage local sales team and oversee all sales activities creating a high-performing, fun and successful team environment.
• Lead productive and interactive weekly sales meetings.
• Recruit, develop and mentor a sales team to achieve station budgets and client results.
• Spend majority of time with Account Executives in the field and attend client meetings to enhance account relationships and provide coaching opportunities including training of new AE.
• Provide on-going training to further enhance team performance and ensure team meets and/or exceeds goals
• Maintain and grow existing local relationships with advertisers.
• Work directly with the General Sales Manager to establish strategies.
• 3-5 years of media, cable or digital advertising sales experience
• Strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of personnel
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record