GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
PO Box 600
Spokane, WA 992100600
Job Category: Media
Employment: Full Time
Experience: See job description
Listing Expires: June 07, 2019
KHQ/SWX-TV has an immediate opening for a full-time Newscast Director. Responsibilities for this leadership position include directing and technical directing complex, graphically-intense live local news and special events. You will also operate studio equipment as needed. Experience with production switchers and an understanding of broadcast equipment is essential. Must be available to work flexible hours including holidays, early mornings and weekends. Must be a team player, work well under pressure & have a positive attitude. College degree and two years directing or related educational experience is required.
Preferred skills and qualifications
• Ability to quickly adjust to breaking news
• Proficiency with Ross Overdrive or other automated production systems
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• Strong creative vision to effectively execute bold, cutting edge newscasts on a daily basis
• Ability to be a self-starter and able to work both independently and as part of a team
Send resume and related materials to: Jeff Hite, Director of Recruiting and Training: email@example.com EOE, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.