PACE Services Pre-Employment Transitions Manager
SALARY: $52,109.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/08/19
CLOSING DATE: 04/29/19 04:00 PM
Please be aware that this recruitment closes at 4:00 p.m. PST. The application process will not be available after this time. To ensure consideration make sure your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible. Applications will only be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m. on the closing date.
The Community Colleges of Spokane is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Pre-Employment Transitions Manager in the Adult Basic Education Division of Spokane Community College.
The Pre-Employment Transition Manager for People Accessing Careers and Education (PACE) Services is responsible for the implementation and management of this grant funded program. The manager will facilitate and coordinate a wide variety of pre-employment transition services to high school and transition program students with disabilities; work closely with Special Education Directors and educators in designated school districts; develop and implement internship activities for students; maintain required documentation and collect data; coordinate implementation of services to designated high schools; supervise full time and part time staff and work closely with faculty; assure contract compliance including monitoring of student files and information to ensure contract requirements are met; compile and report service outcomes; and monitor budgets. This position will ensure the program is compliant with Federal and State law and regulations, CCS policies and procedures, and contracting requirements while maintaining PACE's mission. The manager has extensive interaction with students, team members, community partners, school district personnel and employers.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Pre-Employment Transition program including student recruitment and screening of applicants, tracking student progress and outcomes, and submitting required information as stated in the contract from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. *
- Ensure services are implemented as required by contracting agency. Act as program liaison with local school districts and DVR. *
- Lead the development of paid internships. Responsible for the collection and tracking of student instructional and internship files and required reports as required by Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. *
- Assure the contract funds are used appropriately and within the guidelines of the funding source. Responsible for the oversight of day to day operation of the contract to include monitoring the progress to fulfill requirements and insuring payment and reports are processed in a timely manner. *
- Assist students in developing career goals, provide job coaching, and assist students in accessing community resources. *
- Assess needs and programs and make changes or develop new approaches as needed. Participate in the planning and development of educational and employment services to ensure student needs are met. Stay abreast of trends and new developments in individual supported employment. *
- Collaborate with PACE Services team regarding transfer to employment or educational services. *
- Prepare and deliver presentations to schools, agencies, and groups to market the program and for recruitment. *
- Prepare monthly service hours for billing and work with CCS business office regarding billing. *
- Supervise (train, schedule, evaluate, respond to grievances and recommend selection and disciplinary action) classified and part-time hourly employees adhering to the classified contract and all district rules and regulations ensuring efficient operation of the department. *
- Responsible for ensuring assigned staff adhere to acceptable behavior and performance standards. Demonstrate that assigned staff have been informed how behavior and performance will be assessed, receive timely and accurate feedback regarding performance, and any observable performance and behavioral problems are corrected promptly. *
- Assess needs of current program, changing or developing new approaches, including curriculum development and revision. Participate in the planning and development of Pre-Employment program services to ensure student needs are met. *
- Attend meetings at the local and state levels representing PACE and the grant. *
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned. *
- May participate in the development of funding proposals. Seek additional resources and fiscal enhancements opportunities.
'*' Indicates this is an essential duty
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree in Social Services, Counseling, Education, Psychology, Leadership or a related field from an accredited institution.
An equivalent mix of education and experience that demonstrates the candidate meets all competency requirements for this position.
- Three years' experience working in vocational services, education, or disability resource support services.
- Experience in working with diverse populations and effectively delivering and implementing programs to meet their needs.
- Experience in managing and monitoring service delivery consistent with funding requirements.
- Working knowledge of various state and local agencies the position networks with on a regular basis.
- Ability to work harmoniously with CCS, School District personnel, and Washington State DVR personnel to assure local, state and federal guidelines are followed to fulfill contract regulations.
- Excellent supervision skills.
- The ability to work independently, yet within established policies, to make decisions pertaining to employment activities within PACE.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with students, staff and a wide variety of community agencies, businesses, organizations, and groups.
- Ability to use computer software related to an office environment.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Master's degree in Social Services, Counseling, Education, Psychology, Leadership or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Ability to write successful proposals in response to grants and contract RFP's.
- Experience and training in supervisory skills, educational practices, disability issues and vocational placement.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* TOTAL COMPENSATION: $72,018 - $74,670. Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates and median retirement fund contributions. The actual total will vary depending upon each employee's enrollment choices.
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H1-B visa. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Work is performed in a normal, temperature controlled office environment.
- Work is active in nature with frequent travel to schools and community meetings.
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens.
- Frequent oral and auditory communication with others.
- Work directly with staff/clients.
- Work involves constant interruptions and requirement to answer on demand questions by phone, in person, or electronically.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Contract position.
- Position is exempt from Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Must pass Washington State Criminal Background Check and DSHS Background Check.
- Valid first aide card.
- Ability to travel locally as well as occasional out-of-town travel.
- If using personal vehicle for travel proof of driver's license and car insurance required.
- Proof of valid driver's license, DOL drivers abstract, and car insurance required.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume. *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required attachments to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.