GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority
PO Box 39
Usk, WA 99180
Job Category: Other
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: May 31, 2019
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians in Airway Heights, Washington is seeking a Paralegal. We are growing and are looking for people to grow with us!
Summary of Functions
The Tribe’s Legal Department provides a wide variety of services to the Tribal government, its programs, and economic enterprises. This position provides legal and general support to the Tribal Attorney and other designated attorneys. The paralegal will have a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, managing various types of litigation (for example employment, contract and tort), assisting in the subpoena and discovery process, file and database management. The employee’s substantive work is supervised by the Paralegal II and/or an attorney. The employee performs complex paralegal duties requiring a high degree of knowledge of legal concepts, issues and research which, absent the paralegal, would be performed by an attorney.
Will accept a suitable combination of pertinent education, experience or training.
Option 1: Graduation from an accredited two-year paralegal program plus three years experiences as a paralegal.
Option 2: Graduation from an accredited four-year college with relevant paralegal course work plus two years experience as a paralegal.
Option 3: Five years experience as a paralegal.
Experience & Skills:
• Paralegal experience with demonstrated necessary organizational and managerial responsibilities.
• Familiarity with pleading/filing requirements for Tribal, Federal and Washington State Courts or demonstrated experience of interpreting relevant court rules.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Demonstrate computer skills utilizing a personal computer to create, update, manipulate and maintain appointments/calendars, databases, spreadsheets and word processing documents. MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint skills required.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Current or ability to obtain Notary and Spokane County Registered Paralegal certification.
• Must be able to pass a background check
We offer a competitive wage with excellent benefits such as
• Vacation and Sick Pay
• Bereavement, Military, Jury Duty, and Native American Customs & Traditions.
• Employee Assistance Plans (EAPs)
• 30% discounts on all Northern Quest Resort and Casino Food Venues and Services
• Discounts on Northern Quest Hotel stays (certain days may not apply)
• Discounts to Kalispel Golf and Country Club
• Shoes for Crews (at Uniform Room)
• Various other discount programs through cellular phone services, auto repair, fitness centers, etc.
• Wealth Management Solutions – monthly visits from a certified financial planner who can assist with Emergency fund planning, 401(k) investment advice and Budget planning
• Free parking
• Free identity theft resolution services
• And so much more!!!
For further information and full job description or to apply online, please visit our website at:
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
We exercise Indian Preference and are a
Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
Hiring Preference: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Descendant or Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.