Program Specialist 2 - Dual Enrollment
SALARY: $3,198.00 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 09/20/19
CLOSING DATE: 10/14/19 04:00 PM
Please be aware that this recruitment closes at 4:00 p.m. PST. The application process will not be available after this time. To ensure consideration make sure your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible. Applications will only be accepted prior to 4:00 p.m. on the closing date.
These are the position terms open for recruitment:
Position 1 - Program Specialist 2 - Dual Enrollment -CCW
Position 2 - Program Specialist 2 - Dual Enrollment
The Community Colleges of Spokane is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Program Specialist 2 - Dual Enrollment in the Student Services Division.
Under general supervision of the Dual Enrollment Manager, this position will independently have responsibility for Dual Enrollment Programs. This position will be responsible for recruitment and outreach, admissions and registration processes, billing, and provide communications with students enrolled in Dual Enrollment programs at SCC.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an initial point of contact for Dual Enrollment Programs. *
- Create, implement and coordinate events, meetings and processes while collaborating with high school students, parents, teachers, counselors in addition to college counselors, faculty, staff and administrators. *
- Create and prepare marketing materials, packets, and other correspondence. *
- Conduct outreach efforts in support of Dual Enrollment Programs. *
- Track eligibility requirements, and process admission and registration documents for Dual Enrollment students. Ensure application processes are conducted in a timely manner through completion, including the storage of documents on regional database, such as SharePoint. *
- Communicate with students about their application process and conduct New Student Orientations (NSO) for dual enrollment students. *
- Participate in the Career Connect Washington state-wide system including working with the regional networks to spread curriculum and best practices throughout the system. * (Position 1 only)
- Assist Dual Enrollment Program students with processes/transactions such as applications for admissions, schedule planning, on-line registration, update and add/drop/withdrawal forms, etc. *
- Apply for Career Launch endorsement, including existing programs performing deliverables: articulation agreements between high schools and post-secondary institutions, employer partners (including letters of endorsement and commitment to hire participants into Career Launch), education partners (including letters of endorsement and commitment to participate). * (Position 1 only)
- Prepare and monitor documentation for billing and payments. *
- Generate required reports and maintain accurate departmental statistics. *
- Work with appropriate parties to build required classes. *
- Build, maintain, and purge student files as appropriate. *
- Oversee, process and maintain "additional supports" provided to Dual Enrollment students. *
- Perform complex data and word processing tasks; merging and sorting spreadsheet and database files, uploading/downloading data. *
- Supervise work-study students. Responsible for ensuring assigned work study students adhere to acceptable behavior and performance standards. Demonstrate that assigned work study students have been informed how behavior and performance will be assessed, receive timely and accurate feedback regarding performance, and any observed performance and behavioral problems are corrected promptly. *
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned. *
* Indicates this is an essential duty.
This position is designated a bargaining unit position and union membership is no longer a condition of employment.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution. Or an equivalent mix of education and experience that demonstrates the candidate meets all competency requirements for this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentations to large and small groups.
- Experience using computers, spreadsheets, database and word processing software.
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence.
- Ability to be supportive in providing information and services to students.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to initiate and complete projects.
- Ability to adjust schedule to support program needs including early morning, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to reevaluate and reprioritize daily schedule and responsibilities.
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentially and ethical working practices.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals, objectives and strategic plan of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, and community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years of work cumulative in providing related services to students K-12 and higher education.
- Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge/experience with High School Career and Technical Education or Running Start.
- College Dual Enrollment programs.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* TOTAL COMPENSATION: $53,794. Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates and median retirement fund contributions. The actual total will vary depending upon each employee's enrollment choices.
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H1-B visa. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Work is performed in a normal, temperature controlled office environment.
- Work is sedentary in nature.
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens.
- Visual focus and strain.
- Work in an open office setting with frequent interruptions, distractions and background noise.
- Work directly with Dual Enrollment Program population by phone, in person and electronically.
- Move up to 25 lbs. occasionally for program responsibilities.
- Frequent repetitive hand/wrist motions and finger manipulation.
- Occasional to frequent change in position from sedentary, standing, stooping and walking.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time schedule (12-month, 40-hours a week).
- This position is overtime eligible.
- 6-month probationary period; may be extended up to 12 months.
- Requires local or regional travel. If using personal vehicle proof of driver's license and car insurance required.
- Criminal background check required.
- May be required to work alternate shift.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume. *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.*
- College transcript(s) if applicable - unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required attachments to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.