GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Greater Spokane Inc.
801 W. RiversideLocal Map
Job Category: Non-Profit, Association, Church
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: October 31, 2019
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of public policies pertinent to Greater Spokane Incorporated. The Public Affairs Coordinator will work closely with the VP of Communications and Public Affairs to support legislative priorities, issues and actions. The Public Affairs Coordinator will serve as an additional liaison to GSI in matters related to Public Affairs.
• Research, author and develop policy papers.
• Develops background information on local, state and federal issues that impact the Region.
• Assists in the development and preparation of local, state and federal policy agendas.
• Prepares for meetings of Public Policy Council and public policy subcommittees, including scheduling and gathering needed materials.
• Works closely with GSI events team to plan and execute on Public Affairs events such Legislative Reception, WA State Fly-In and WA DC Fly-In.
• Serves as a liaison for businesses where GSI Public Affairs issues are concerned.
• Identifies and addresses the issues of importance to GSI and our membership as it pertains to policy and advocacy.
• Collaborates with Marketing & Communications team to increase investor and public awareness of GSI’s advocacy efforts.
• Develops and maintains relationships with federal, state, and local elected officials and their staff.
• Contributes to organizational success by: providing strategic input on issues affecting the organization, working with colleagues to discover and develop ways to retain, grow, better align and leverage GSI resources for greater impact, contributing to an organizational culture of teamwork, support, engagement, and empowerment
• GSI reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position