GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority
PO Box 39
Usk, WA 99180
Job Category: Other
Employment: Full Time
Listing Expires: June 28, 2019
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is seeking a Health/Education/ICW Staff Attorney. This position will be working out of our Airway Heights and Usk offices. We are growing and are looking for people to grow with us!
Summary of Functions
The Tribe’s Legal Department provides a wide variety of services to the Tribal government, its programs, and economic enterprises. This position provides legal, general, and specific case management and assists the Senior Tribal Attorney, and other designated attorneys, with issues and activities concerning Tribal legal rights, obligations, and privileges with an emphasis in Health, Welfare, and Education issues including Indian Child Welfare and related issues.
• Requires a Juris Doctorate Degree.
• License to Practice Law in the State of Washington; in good standing.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a Tribal In-house Attorney or other direct work with Tribes or Tribal Affairs.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Federal Indian Law including a demonstrated working knowledge of the laws regarding tribal court systems, tribal enrollment practices, Indian child welfare, sovereign rights of an Indian Tribe, and working and negotiating with federal and state agencies.
• Demonstrated experience in trial and litigation practice.
• Knowledge and working experience of regulations relevant to behavioral health programs.
• Knowledge and working experience with Public Law 280 in the State of WA.
• Willingness to travel locally on a frequent basis and occasionally out-of-town.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Licensed to Practice Law in State of Washington
• Must be able to pass a background check
We offer a competitive wage with excellent benefits such as
• Vacation and Sick Pay
• Bereavement, Military, Jury Duty, and Native American Customs & Traditions.
• Employee Assistance Plans (EAPs)
• 30% discounts on all Northern Quest Resort and Casino Food Venues and Services
• Discounts on Northern Quest Hotel stays (certain days may not apply)
• Discounts to Kalispel Golf and Country Club
• Shoes for Crews (at Uniform Room)
• Various other discount programs through cellular phone services, auto repair, fitness centers, etc.
• Wealth Management Solutions – monthly visits from a certified financial planner who can assist with Emergency fund planning, 401(k) investment advice and Budget planning
• Free parking
• Free identity theft resolution services
• And so much more!!!
For further information and full job description or to apply online, please visit our website at:
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
We exercise Indian Preference and are a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
Hiring Preference: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Descendant or Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.