GSI members: To post a job opening, click on the "LOGIN TO YOUR GSI ACCOUNT" button below, then scroll down and click on "My Jobs Postings".
Headway Workforce Solutions / Upstream Patient Survey
Spokane, WA AreaLocal Map
Job Category: Other
Employment: Part Time
Experience: High school graduate with 1 year of experience directly or indirectly related to experience in interviewing.
Listing Expires: November 30, 2019
Upstream USA is a non-profit that collaborates with health organizations to make it possible for women to obtain same-day, on-site access to the full range of contraceptive options. Upstream does this by providing training and technical assistance to healthcare staff. RTI International (RTI) is an independent, nonprofit research organization dedicated to conducting research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of several thousand, RTI will evaluate the effectiveness of the Upstream training to medical staff at health care offices throughout Washington state, by interviewing women exiting appointments with their primary care provider and asking them about their visit.
Two rounds of surveys will be conducted, one prior to site training and then another approximately 18 months later.
RTI is currently seeking survey research Field Interviewers to work on the Upstream Patient Survey. Candidates must be able to work from August 2019 to November 2019, depending on geographic location and production needs.
The Field Interviewer (FI) conducts field work for survey research projects conducted by RTI International. FIs prepare for and conduct data collection operations according to project protocols. FIs ensure that field data collection activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, that data collected are of the highest possible quality, and all activities are conducted in a professional manner following established procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
• Successful experience with gaining cooperation of respondents and conducting field interviews
o Available to work a schedule of approximately 20-40 non-travel hours per week to conduct surveys during field data collection period
o Available and willing to work primarily weekdays (Monday through Friday, 8 am through 5pm) and occasional Saturdays, as hours permit
• Available to spend at least 4 consecutive hours (not counting travel time) on site, gaining cooperation from eligible women to complete the survey
• Work with supervisor and complete assignments on schedule
• Obtain cooperation of women by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns about the study
• Willingness to work in different types of neighborhoods and health clinics
• Accurately complete all project documents and reports including interviewer observation surveys, interview-related paperwork, incentive logs and any other reporting forms
• Assume full and legal responsibility for use and care of the computer and other equipment, taking reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard against damage, loss, or theft, and returning all equipment at the conclusion of the assignment or at the request of your supervisor
• Adhere strictly to project deadlines for screening households, enrolling sampled adults, reporting progress, submitting case documentation, and returning materials and equipment to RTI
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field
• Submit timely and accurate time and expense reports
• Assume responsibility for and carefully track all cash and gift card incentives
• Maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with supervisor and other project staff, objectively sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project management’s concerns
• Be receptive—not defensive—when given feedback from project personnel about your performance, striving to learn and improve
• Keep supervisor informed of problem areas that might affect progress
• Available for possible overnight travel if remote segments are part of the assignment area
TRAINING & PAY
Review a Field Interviewing manual and successfully complete an online training. Depend on your experience, the pay will be discussed with the hiring manager.
• High school graduate with 1 year of experience directly or indirectly related to experience in interviewing
• Available for entire project training and data collection period
• Able to successfully complete training (requires travel)
• Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
• Experience using a laptop computer
• Ability to navigate to the website for the survey
• Have a reliable personal automobile available for business use along with a registered Driver’s license and auto insurance
• Able to keep project information private and all data confidential
• Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment
For your pre employment packet, I will need at least one former supervisor and two colleagues. Please email me their names, their last/current work location, your professional relationship, and their current contact information email, telephone, and/or both