4-6 Computer Science Clubs – SPS
The Intermediate Coding Club box is meant to be used in an afterschool setting to educate students about computer science, and more specifically, computer coding. You are welcome to differentiate your teaching based on your students’ needs. Be creative, have fun!
- Number of students served per club: 20-25
- Grades served: 4th-6th
- What you'll need to offer this club at school: Computer lab/COW
- Space needed to offer club at school: Classroom
- Code.org and 4th-6th grade Computer Science boxes are provided by SPS
- Two $500 stipends paid by SPS (included in the extra-curricular budget)
- Offered during fall/winter/spring
- Clubs meet before or after school, 2 or 3 days per week for 6-8 weeks
- Number of clubs SPS can support per season: 12
Items included in the Intermediate Coding Club box:
- Coding Curriculum
- Sphero Sprk
- Circuit Board Soldering
- MIT App Inventor
Find more information here.
Find more information about the curriculum at www.code.org.