Elementary Biomedical Clubs – SPS
Biomedical clubs immerse students in the world of science and medicine. Students will learn about glucose (sugar), caffeine, and other chemicals that affect the body. Additionally, students will gain an in-depth understanding of the different types of diabetes, their causes, and how they impact the body’s cells.
- Number of students served per club: 20-25
- Grades served: 3rd-5th
- Biomedical curriculum/PD and supplies and materials provided by SPS
- Space needed to offer club at school: Classroom
- Leader stipend paid by SPS
- Offered during fall/winter/spring
- Clubs meet before or after school, 2 or 3 days per week for 6-8 weeks
- Number of clubs SPS can support per season: 12
Learn more information here.