K-3 Computer Science Clubs – SPS
The Primary Coding Club box is meant to be used in an afterschool setting to educate students about computer science, and more specifically, computer coding. You are welcome to differentiate your teaching based on your students’ needs. Be creative, have fun!
- Number of students served per club: 20-25
- Grades served: K-3rd
- What you'll need to offer this club at school: Computer lab/COW
- Space needed to offer club at school: Classroom
- Code.org and K-3 Computer Science boxes are provided by SPS
- Two $500 stipends paid by SPS (included in the extra-curricular budget)
- Offered during fall/winter/spring
- Clubs meet before or after school, 2 or 3 days per week for 6-8 weeks
- Number of clubs SPS can support per season: 12
Items included in the Primary Coding Club box:
- Coding Curriculum
- Robot Turtles
- Ozobot Bits
- Squishy Circuits
- Pencil boxes with Expo markers
Find more information here.
Find more information about the curriculum at www.code.org.