GSI can assist your business with international trade opportunities and expansion into foreign markets. Our International Trade program works to enhance the regional economy and support job creation through the growth of local trade activity. With more than 95 percent of the world’s population and 80 percent of the purchasing power located outside the United States, the global marketplace represents a significant opportunity for small and medium-sized businesses to expand their customer base. Get involved with International Trade, contact Jessica Kirk at 509.321.3641. Visit AdvantageSpokane.com for more information about the work we do in Economic Development and International Trade.
- Support the retention and creation of local jobs by assisting companies in expansion into global markets
- Enhance the regional economy through programs that increase exports
- Promote the importance of trade to the regional economy and advocate for advantageous trade policy
- Provide services and resources that help businesses execute the delivery of their product to foreign markets
To accomplish these goals, Greater Spokane Incorporated focuses its trade work in four areas:
Promotion & Advocacy: Promote trade as a vital component to our regional economy and opportunity for growth.
- Educate community and businesses on benefits of international trade
- Give a voice to the international trade community
- Identify and support policies adventageous to international trade activity
- Connect businesses with state and federal officials who can assist in trade related issues
Trade Education: Education events and activities for businesses seeking to expand their export activity and for those wishing to break into the export market.
- Discover foreign markets
- Learn what is needed to take products or services to foreign markets
- Updates on changing trade regulations
- Information on how business is done differently from country to country
Trade Relations: Make connections for local businesses with foreign trade groups, international governments, and global companies.
- Strengthen existing relationships and build new ones with foreign businesses, governments and trade groups
- Connect businesses to outbound trade missions and facilitate inbound missions
- Host foreign delegations interested in the Spokane region
- Be the “Welcome Center” and first stop for foreign nationals who come to the region and want to connect with governmental and industry leaders
Services: GSI provides services to businesses that assist in their day-to-day trade operations.
- Connections to trade resources and mentoring
- Certificate of Origin documentation
- Matchmaking between local businesses and international customers & suppliers