Together, we have a greater voice for the future of our region.
GSI works year-round with the business community to advance policies that support your business. We serve as a champion for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Together we have successfully advocated for some of the region’s most important advancements and do this at the local, state and federal level.
- Since its formation in 2007, GSI’s advocacy efforts have resulted in more than $900 million in funding for local projects and initiatives that improve our region.
- Projects funded include the North Spokane Corridor, WSU Spokane’s Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine and University of WA School of Medicine – Gonzaga University Regional Health Partnership, critical water legislation, Fox Theater, among others.
- In collaboration with more than 10 of the largest chambers of commerce in the state, GSI works to pursue policies in workers compensation and unemployment insurance that provides cost savings to employers and reduces regulatory burden.
Each year, in collaboration with partners, GSI leads trips to Olympia and Washington D.C. and takes a state and federal Legislative Agenda to advocate on behalf of the greater Spokane community. GSI also convenes legislative forums that bring together voices from both sides of the political spectrum to discuss important issues that impact our region.
GSI also has a lobbyist in Olympia who advocates for pro-business initiatives and a federal lobbyist in D.C. who works to connect us with congressional leaders and advance critical community initiatives. Check out the 2023 Priority State Agenda and 2023 Federal Agenda.
What Does This Mean to Your Business?
- Your membership supports our work to advocate on your behalf, lowering your cost of doing business, and bringing more dollars into the community.
- We help create more direct and indirect jobs, putting more people to work who spend most of their earnings right here in our community.
- Each new job means more money spent on housing, groceries, transportation, child care, entertainment and far more – directly impacting your business.