Together, we build, champion, and retain a talented workforce.
One of the key elements to a successful business and a thriving regional economy is talent – a workforce with employees who have the skills that businesses need to be successful. GSI brings educators and employers together to implement programs and best practices across the system of talent development, which stimulates our economy and improves our quality of life.
- Career Connect Northeast
Spokane STEM is now Career Connect Northeast (CCNE). GSI serves as the backbone of the Network, providing career-connected learning and STEM experiences for our region.
- Greater Minds
This initiative puts strategies and programs in place to increase the proportion of residents in Spokane County with high-quality degrees or certificates from 40% to 60% percent by 2025.
- Business AfterSchool
These workshops connect 6-12 grade students to future career opportunities at local businesses. Students learn about future careers and businesses meet their future workforce.
- Education Advocacy
Advocate for equitable policies and investments that benefit our region in a systematic and unified manner.
Our Education and Talent Goals
- Early Learning: Increase affordable childcare options and Kindergarten readiness levels in the Spokane region
- K-12 Career Connected Learning: Increase CCL pathways by 30% to provide 5,000 students in the region career pathway experience and create 300 networked internships by 2027.
- Education Attainment and Completion: 60% post-secondary education attainment by 2025. Create 300 networked internships by 2027. Provide 100 small businesses support for upskilling their staff by 2027.
What Does This Mean to Your Business?
- Your investment supports our efforts across the entire education attainment pipeline to ensure you can employ individuals with the background your business needs to be successful.
- Each new job created means more money spent on housing, groceries, transportation, child care, and entertainment – directly impacting your business.
- Our advocacy efforts in support of K-12 and higher education are critical to maintaining funding for academic programs and infrastructure needed for student success, as well as helping to attract new business to our region.
STEM & Career Connected Learning News
May 24, 2023
March 9, 2023
March 8, 2023
Thank you to our Education & Talent Alliance, our partners, and community members who work with us everyday on programs that build, champion, and retain a talented workforce!
For more information or details on how you can get involved, contact our Education and Talent Team at (509) 321-3606.