Last week more than 130 small business owners and supporters joined us at Barrister Winery for GSI’s annual Small Business Appreciation Reception, and the launch of our new and improved BizStreet Small Business program. People in attendance enjoyed fun music, good food, great wine and an awesome opportunity to connect with other small business enthusiasts.
The crowd heard from GSI’s Board Chair and US Bank Regional President Linda Elkin; Manny Hochheimer, AVP of Business Development at Numerica, our Small Business Advocate Sponsor; GSI Small Business Council members Adrian Folsom of Ptera and Chris Reilly of Aezy; and GSI President & CEO Steve Stevens. The speakers briefly shared why small business is such a big deal to them and encouraged everyone in attendance to get involved with the new BizStreet program, and one lucky winner walked away with an iPad, courtesy of the evening’s event sponsor, CenturyLink.
We encourage you, too, to get involved. Your small business is a building block of our regional economy and we’re here to support you! GSI works to create something greater in our community – and with your business – by connecting you to valuable relationships and resources, by driving initiatives that improve your business and our region, and by advocating on behalf of your business with a strong, unified voice.
Our small business program, supported by a Small Business Services and Program Manager, has several ways to assist our members:
- Drive down business costs: Save money through cost-savings programs, discounts, affordable advertising, member deals and more.
- Find and connect to new customers: Join leads and referrals groups, attend networking events, become part of GSI’s social media presence, join a committee or be featured in our Member Directory.
- Make more money: Identify new revenue streams through programs that could include local and international opportunities, including our RFP Central, Meet the Purchasers and International Trade programs.
- Have a voice: Leverage a network that includes more than 1,200 businesses and let GSI advocate on your behalf for business-friendly policies.
- Enhance credibility: Customers are 80% more likely to do business with an organization that is a member of their local chamber.
- Increase visibility: Take advantage of sponsorships, social media, trade show and advertising opportunities.
- Access resources: Attend BizStreet workshops to learn from business experts – a new program lineup begins in September.
Contact us today for more information on any of these opportunities. GSI is in business for business and we’re ready to help yours grow!