Tom was instrumental in making Spokane a beacon for health. He helped grow the health industry and put Spokane on the map for health IT – all things that are critical for the future of our area’s healthcare industry and economic development. Tom was an early and ongoing leader in the medical education work that is finally gaining a foothold here, and through this work we know his legacy will live on for generations.
“Tom was an integral part of the merger between the Spokane Regional Chamber of Commerce and Spokane Area Economic Development Council. His guidance helped us formulate our vision of the future and we will be forever grateful for his thoughtful and humble leadership,” said Steve Stevens, President and CEO of Greater Spokane Incorporated.
During his time with GSI, Tom:
- Served as a Board member for the Chamber and then GSI, from 2003-2014
- Was Chair of the Economic Development Council in 2006
- Was GSI Board Chair, 2011-2012
- Served on GSI’s Executive Committee from 2009-2014
- Was the inaugural Chair of GSI’s Spokane Military Alliance
- Served on GSI’s Health Industry Development Group
Tom was truly remarkable, on so many levels. He connected with and appreciated each person he worked with, never failing to focus on and appreciate the people who made Spokane’s big picture opportunities possible.