Startup Weekend Spokane held its 9th event November 11th-13th at Gonzaga University. Over 125 participants, coaches, and judges participated in this 54 hour ideation event. On Friday evening, 35 individuals made one-minute pitches of their ideas, followed by the group voting and narrowing the ideas down to the top ten. Teams were formed around the ten ideas, and spent the remainder of the weekend conducting market feasibility, developing a minimum viable product, and preparing for their final pitch in front of judges on Sunday evening.
Teams with very diverse ideas, included:
- Social Craft (1st place) – Monthly subscription of craft kits.
- Smokey Stacks (2nd Place) – Cannabis cigars
- Yogini (3rd Place) – smart yoga mat that interacts with smartphone app
- Pupil (crowd favorite) – a blend of virtual reality with text books for education
- Passion Net – App for civic and volunteer engagement
- H2Diagnostics – smartphone app that analyzes human samples for a myriad of diseases
- UReps – campus advisors for travel and other products
- StyleMe – Smartphone app to help individuals with their personal fashion and style choices
- Rivr Gaming – allows individuals to watch online gaming as spectators
- K9 Kitchen – Dog necessity vending machines located in public areas
- BlockHouse – Cross Laminated Timber for modular construction of Accessory Dwelling Units
Congratulations to all of the teams and everyone who participated in Spokane’s premier ideation event!