TEACHING THE TEACHERS
Teaching the Teachers workshops gives educators the chance to experience what future opportunities for work and education await their students in the business world. We invite you to help us build a world-class workforce. Businesses get the chance to meet educators and educators get the chance to share what they learn with their students.
Why Should Businesses Participate?
- A talented workforce is key to the success of your business. This is your opportunity to connect with educators to communicate the skills and education your industry and business requires.
- Educators get an inside look at an array of local career opportunities for their students and a better understanding of the kinds of jobs that employers are looking to fill.
- There is a need for the workforce of the future to have STEM competency and soft skills such as teamwork, analysis, critical thought, inquiry, problem solving and communication. These workshops give educators the opportunity to learn more about how these skills are applied in the business world.
Our spring semester workshops have concluded.
Please stay tuned for our fall workshop schedule which will begin in September.
Past 2017 Workshops
Computer Science: Engage, Numerica IT, and Imprezzio
Archetecture + Engineering: NAC Architecture, DCI Engineers
Manufacturing: Sonderen Packaging
Get your business involved and host a Teaching the Teachers workshop! Contact Meg Lindsay at 509.321.3611 for more information.
GSI's Teaching the Teachers workshops provide professional development clock hours for local educators. These clock hour expenses are supported by a generous donation from the Bank of America Foundation.
Past Host Businesses:
- Absolute Aviation
- ALSC Architects
- Berg Companies
- Bouten Construction
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- DCI Engineers
- Fairchild Air Force Base
- Family Home Care & Hospice
- First Choice Health Network
- Garco Building Systems
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- H2E Inc.
- Haskins Steel Co., Inc.
- Incyte Diagnostic
- Inland Norhwest Health Services
- Johnson Custom Jewelry
- Jubilant HollisterStier
- KHQ TV
- Lloyd Industries
- MMEC Architecture & Interiors
- MedStar Northwest
- NAC Architecture
- Nystrom + Olson, Inc.
- Paw Print Genetics
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Sonderen Packaging
- Spokane Club
- Spokane County Water Resources Center
- Spokane International Airport
- Spokane Public Facilities District
- Spokane Regional Health District
- Spokane Transit Authority
- St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute
- Tate Technology, Inc.
- TransCanada GTN System
- Triumph Composite Systems
- URM Stores, Inc.
- Visit Spokane
- Wagstaff, Inc.