TEACHING THE TEACHERS
Teaching the Teachers workshops gives educators the chance to experience what future opportunities for work and education await their students in the business world. We invite you to help us build a world-class workforce. Businesses get the chance to meet educators and educators get the chance to share what they learn with their students.
Why Should Businesses Participate?
- A talented workforce is key to the success of your business. This is your opportunity to connect with educators to communicate the skills and education your industry and business requires.
- Educators get an inside look at an array of local career opportunities for their students and a better understanding of the kinds of jobs that employers are looking to fill.
- There is a need for the workforce of the future to have STEM competency and soft skills such as teamwork, analysis, critical thought, inquiry, problem solving and communication. These workshops give educators the opportunity to learn more about how these skills are applied in the business world.
Our workshops for the 2018-2019 school year have completed. Thank you for joining us and thank you to our host businesses!
Please check back in late May for the release of our fall 2019 workshops.
Sign up here to receive the workshop schedule via email.
Completed 2018-2019 workshops
October 23 - Craft(ED) with BumbleBar, Dry Fly Distilling and Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
October 25 - Roadmap to Healthcare with WSU Spokane
December 11 - Pharmaceutical Foundations with Jubilant HollisterStier
March 5 - Manufacturing + The Future of Work at Wagstaff
March 21 - Pathways and Partnerships in Health Sciences at CHAS Health and Providence Health Care
Canceled: April 23 - The Food Industry: From Pick, Pack & Ship to Buy and Sell at URM Stores and Rosauers Supermarkets
April 25 - Meet the Earth Doctors at GeoEngineers
Get your business involved and host a Teaching the Teachers workshop! Contact Cassidy Peterson at 509.321.3621 for more information.
GSI's Teaching the Teachers workshops provide professional development clock hours for local educators. These clock hour expenses are supported by a generous donation from the Bank of America Foundation.
Past Host Businesses:
- Absolute Aviation
- ALSC Architects
- Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
- Berg Companies
- Bouten Construction
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- CHAS Health
- DCI Engineers
- Dry Fly Distilling
- Eastern Washington University
- Fairchild Air Force Base
- Family Home Care & Hospice
- First Choice Health Network
- Garco Building Systems
- Gonzaga University
- H2E Inc.
- Haskins Steel Co., Inc.
- Incyte Diagnostic
- Inland Norhwest Health Services
- Johnson Custom Jewelry
- Jubilant HollisterStier
- KHQ TV
- Lloyd Industries
- MMEC Architecture & Interiors
- MedStar Northwest
- NAC Architecture
- Nystrom + Olson, Inc.
- Paw Print Genetics
- Providence Health Care
- Sonderen Packaging
- Spokane Club
- Spokane County Water Resources Center
- Spokane International Airport
- Spokane Public Facilities District
- Spokane Regional Health District
- Spokane Transit Authority
- St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute
- Tate Technology, Inc.
- TransCanada GTN System
- Triumph Composite Systems
- URM Stores, Inc.
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Visit Spokane
- Wagstaff, Inc.
- WSU Spokane