TEACHING THE TEACHERS
Teaching the Teachers workshops gives educators the chance to experience what future opportunities for work and education await their students in the business world. We invite you to help us build a world-class workforce. Businesses get the chance to meet educators and educators get the chance to share what they learn with their students.
Why Should Businesses Participate?
- A talented workforce is key to the success of your business. This is your opportunity to connect with educators to communicate the skills and education your industry and business requires.
- Educators get an inside look at an array of local career opportunities for their students and a better understanding of the kinds of jobs that employers are looking to fill.
- There is a need for the workforce of the future to have STEM competency and soft skills such as teamwork, analysis, critical thought, inquiry, problem solving and communication. These workshops give educators the opportunity to learn more about how these skills are applied in the business world.
Roadmap to Healthcare with WSU Spokane
Thursday, October 25, 12-3:30pm
Be sure to check back in August for the rest of our 2018-2019 workshops!
Want to be sure you receive the latest workshop updates? Please email Cassidy Peterson.
Completed 2017-2018 school year workshops:
More than Manufacturing with Pyrotek
FLEXCART & Engineering
Professional Services: STCU
STEM Carts and Rockertry: FLEXHIBIT and EWU's College of STEM (CSTEM)
Get your business involved and host a Teaching the Teachers workshop! Contact Cassidy Peterson at 509.321.3621 for more information.
GSI's Teaching the Teachers workshops provide professional development clock hours for local educators. These clock hour expenses are supported by a generous donation from the Bank of America Foundation.
Past Host Businesses:
- Absolute Aviation
- ALSC Architects
- Berg Companies
- Bouten Construction
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- DCI Engineers
- Eastern Washington University
- Fairchild Air Force Base
- Family Home Care & Hospice
- First Choice Health Network
- Garco Building Systems
- Gonzaga University
- H2E Inc.
- Haskins Steel Co., Inc.
- Incyte Diagnostic
- Inland Norhwest Health Services
- Johnson Custom Jewelry
- Jubilant HollisterStier
- KHQ TV
- Lloyd Industries
- MMEC Architecture & Interiors
- MedStar Northwest
- NAC Architecture
- Nystrom + Olson, Inc.
- Paw Print Genetics
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center
- Sonderen Packaging
- Spokane Club
- Spokane County Water Resources Center
- Spokane International Airport
- Spokane Public Facilities District
- Spokane Regional Health District
- Spokane Transit Authority
- St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute
- Tate Technology, Inc.
- TransCanada GTN System
- Triumph Composite Systems
- URM Stores, Inc.
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Visit Spokane
- Wagstaff, Inc.