Greater Spokane Incorporated is looking for a Graduate! Spokane Navigator. Here is more information about the job. To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Meg Lindsay at email@example.com.
The Graduate! Spokane Navigator will serve as a guide to adults seeking a post secondary degree or high level certificate, helping them understand their options, form and follow a plan to re-enroll and complete college. The position will work closely with specialists at our partner colleges to help adult students succeed using technology, as well as in person meetings to achieve their goals. The Graduate! Spokane Navigator must have a commitment to fostering and promoting student success as a means to improve the economic well-being of individuals and the community. The Graduate! Spokane Navigator must have a high level of energy and a positive attitude toward working with and building relationships with others. This position reports to the Vice President, Education & Workforce, and supports the organization in executing its strategic and tactical plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate adults to return to college to complete their education with the support of Graduate! Spokane.
- Communicate the culture of education attainment to prospective adult students and business while building confidence of the adult students and the value of education beyond the adult students’ current job.
- Provide advising, support, assistance, follow-up, and referrals to adult students as part of a team of Graduate! Spokane, business HR professionals and partner college advisors.
- Assist all students in navigating all aspects of returning to school to further their education; including understanding which programs best fit each returning learner’s goals, how to access different financial resources for education and available ancillary community support resources.
- Initiate and maintain a high volume of email and phone contact with prospective and current adult students, including cold calls, outreach and follow up.
- Utilize client relationship management system in capturing data, advising, monitoring adult student progress, as well as managing and monitoring self and team workflow.
- Assist in ensuring that marketing materials and website are accurate and up to date.
- Provide timely reports on services rendered to adult students of Graduate! Spokane including participating employers and higher education institutions.
- Present workshops, and participate in workshop development for both employers and higher education.
- Coordinate and execute events.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor (BA, BS, etc) required, Master’s degree preferred in related field (higher education administration, counseling, social work, etc.)
- Three years or more of college advising experience and/or client management experience preferred.
- Experiential or professional understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding adult learners and specifically adult college students.
- Understanding of college admissions, academic advising, transcript analysis, and financial aid as they pertain to adult students is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Spokane region, community organizations, and organizations in the region related to educational attainment and student success preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web platforms, Salesforce experience a plus.
Language Ability: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as the employee manual, safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions and other documents as necessary. An individual must also have the ability to write routine reports and general correspondence and must also have the ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Ability: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Reasoning Ability: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information and/or standardization exists. An individual must also have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, POS systems, and Internet navigation.
Certificates and Licenses: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To be considered for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to Meg Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org