BizStreet COVID-19 in the Workplace – Employer Law
COVID-19 continues to disrupt everyday life and work in unprecedented and evolving ways.
Register for this interactive webinar and join Bill Symmes and Kim Kamel, Employment Lawyers, from Witherspoon Kelley, as they address key employment law issues related to COVID-19. Following their presentation will be an open Q&A session.
Issues include, but are not limited to:
- *UPDATE – DISCUSSION WILL INCLUDE NEW "STAY AT HOME, STAY HEALTHY" STATE ORDER
- *What health information can an employer seek from employees due to COVID-19 concerns?
- *When must an employer require or permit workers leave related to COVID-19?
- *How do paid sick and family leave laws apply to this situation, including the new and sweeping federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act, taking effect April 2, 2020?
- *How should employers provide notice of a diagnosed case in the workplace?
- *What are other potential wage and hour, disability law, and related workplace legal implications of the pandemic?
DID YOU KNOW? Witherspoon Kelley is an acclaimed business law firm that has one of the top Labor and Employment law groups in this region!
Bill M. Symmes
Bill Symmes has over 26 years' experience as a Labor and Employment lawyer. Bill represents employers in employment litigation before a variety of state and federal courts and regulatory agencies, such as the EEOC, the, the Washington Human Rights Commission, the Idaho Commission Human Rights. He also has extensive experience in wage and hour matters, and serves as GSI's General Counsel.
Bill uses his experience to counsel employers on contracts, policies, handbooks, and best practices to minimize exposure from employment claims. He is frequently invited to train employers and to speak at seminars over discrimination; retaliation; harassment; disability and accomodation; leave laws; wage and hour; and wrongful termination.
Previously named Best Lawyers in America©, Lawyer of the Year for the Spokane Region in Labor & Employment Litigation. He is licensed to practice in Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
Kim A. Kamel
Kim Kamel counsels employers on day-to-day labor and employment issues and litigates cases. She is EPLI panel counsel for numerous insurance companies and presents various training and employment services to clients.
Kim represents clients in administrative and court litigation in Washington and Idaho. She has successfully defended business clients in Human Rights Commission complaints, unemployment and EEOC claims, and industrial insurance claims in federal and state courts in Washington and Idaho. Kim has extensive experience related to wage and hour claims, discrimination claims, and labor disputes and negotiations.
Kim has been practicing law since 2000. She is licensed to practice in Washington and Idaho.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – INTERACTIVE WEBINAR LINK WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL