Together, we support the creation of business and job growth for a thriving economy.
Competition to attract, assist and retain businesses in communities and metro areas across the U.S. is fierce. Today, more than ever, that competition extends around the globe. Communities that have a solid economic development strategy; adequate funding; pro-business policies; available, affordable land and utilities; and a skilled workforce are positioned to compete successfully. GSI in partnership with leaders throughout the region:
- Provides programming and supports the success of business through all phases of development - supporting entrepreneurs and startups, helping current companies expand, retaining companies in the region and recruiting new ones to the area.
- Leads precision recruiting efforts in high-growth and high-potential industries including life sciences, aerospace, agriculture, manufacturing and professional services and market the region as a competitive place to do business. Check out AdvantageSpokane.com.
- Lead transformative initiatives to build a robust regional economy including a community effort around building and expanding the life sciences industry.
Did you know? Our business development work has accounted for more than 5,209 new direct jobs and over $1.6 billion in annual economic impact just since 2010. Your business creates jobs, invests in the community and generates economic growth. Your GSI membership supports our role to ensure the Spokane region competes successfully.
What Does This Mean to Your Business?
- Creating more jobs through expansions and relocations means more people working and more dollars circulating through the community.
- More successful startups, innovations and entrepreneurs create new businesses, which employ more people and do business with others in the region.
- GSI assists businesses of all sizes and industries with their current stage of business. Whether you are just getting started, looking for local and state business incentives, looking to do business with the government, or are looking to expand. Our team has the expertise to support you.
For more information on business development contact Jessica Kirk, Director, Business Retention, Expansion and Startup at 509.321.3641 or Visit our staff page for a complete staff directory.