Did you know that nearly one million working-aged adults in our state have not finished the courses needed to earn a credential?
If you are one of these adults, know that a community is here to support you. Greater Minds provides one-on-one (virtual or in person) navigation to evaluate career opportunities, matching your goals with programs available at local higher education institutions and helping you find the support needed to return to school.
- Greater Minds can assist in your search for possible scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid to help you return to school.
- Our local higher education community is committed to supporting working adults return to school. They can help you apply and enroll in classes that fit your busy schedule.
- We work with your employer to identify tuition reimbursement or other educational benefits that are available to you.
Another virtual tool is the new College & Career Compass which can help you navigate educational pathways and get back on the path to completion. The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has designed the online resource to help adults return to school and finish their education. Users can:
- Learn critical information, tips and resources for returning adult learners.
- Search for Washington educational programs and pathways.
- Connect with campuses committed to supporting adult learners’ progress.
Begin exploring the nearly 4,000 educational pathways offered by colleges in Washington—from short certificates that equip you for immediate employment to four-year degrees that can lay the foundation for your career.
If you have questions about the College & Career Compass or how might start to think about your return to school, don’t hesitate to contact us today!